John Crish is a principle at KJC Consulting Group and offers customers over 25 years of manufacturing and senior management experience in both repetitive and engineer-to-order manufacturing environments. He has held numerous positions such as IT manager, Director of Operations, Materials Manager, Production Control Manager, Manufacturing Manager, and Operations Manager which have given him a diverse background and a deep understanding of the manufacturing industry. John has attended Ohio University, Kent State, Youngstown State majoring in Mechanical Engineering. Leveraging his manufacturing experience and APICS training, John has been instrumental in improving processes and streamlining manufacturing using such theories as Lean, Six Sigma, TQM and Theory of Constraints. John’s organizational skills and problem-solving abilities have helped him deliver productivity improvements, optimize efficiencies and profitability for a variety of domestic and global organizations. After graduation, John was hired by an established Electrical distribution equipment manufacturer as IT manager. He worked early on in his career implementing new systems. His engineering background was used to navigate the job shop engineer to order environment.
After a short stint for a steel rolling mill manufacturer John then took a job for a 3M owned company in their packaging division. In a position of IT/ Production Manager for a global Packaging equipment manufacturer John moved up quickly to encompass inventory control, purchasing and general responsibility over all of operations.
After gaining ten years of SyteLine user experience within the 3M organization, John took advantage of an opportunity to serve as a volunteer regional director for four years with the SyteLine User Network. John was then elected to two terms as the President of the SyteLine User network. This provided a rare view of literally hundreds of unique applications of the SyteLine product, as well as, add-ons and configurations.
John has routinely demonstrated an innate ability to solve difficult complex problems while maintaining data integrity in systems. With over 25 years’ experience with management, as well as, with direct shop reports of non-union and union work forces John has excelled. He has demonstrated the ability to work within a team, lead a team and/or work independently. He has developed interpersonal skills that have allowed him to build a business environment of continuous improvement and acceptance.
- Lead Consultant on multiple small and large implementations.
- Designed and implemented complex multi-site/multi-currency database structure where specific planning requirements were required with financial consolidation.
- Implemented and designed extensive order entry pricing matrix for manufacturer with multiple distribution channels.
- Developed both Finite and Infinite APS models to fit client’s business. Extensive knowledge in both.
- Identified solid solutions thru extensive Business Process Reviews using manufacturing best practices and past manufacturing experience.
- Integrated warehousing and shipping solutions in multiple industries.
- Implemented Projects in various industries ranging from $0.5M to $500M in sales.
- Implemented planning and scheduling in engineer-to-order environments and in repetitive manufacturing. In both models increased shop floor throughput, provided visibility of bottlenecks, and improved on-time delivery.
- Restructured Inventory Control Department and Materials Management which doubled inventory turns and reduced on-hand inventory.
- Implemented cycle count process which resulted in a 95 % inventory accuracy and eliminated physical inventory.
- Extensive experience implementing various financial models within a single site structure and/or multi-site structure. This includes all areas of A/P, A/R, G/L and Fixed Assets.
- Developed financial statements using standard SyteLine financial statements and/or the Excel Tool add-on.
- Performed cost analysis to identify cause of variances in standard and actual costing configurations.
- Implemented Customer and Vendor Portals. Designed and developed specifications for enhancements to Portals.
- Implemented Service module in single site and multi-site environments.
- Configured and Implemented QCS in various types of industries. This includes Supplier, Customer and In-Process modules.
- Mechanical Engineering / Information Systems, Youngstown State University
- APICS, CPIM
- Oil Refinery
- Power Generation
- Medical Equipment
- Pneumatic Controls
- Metal Treatment
- Furniture Manufacturer
- Industrial Bakeries
- Air Tractor
- Graver Water Systems
- WC Weil Co.
- Philpott Rubber & Plastic
- Ensinger Inc.
- Ocean Technology Co.
- Sweet Streets Bakery
- Kidde Fire Trainers
- Sound Technologies
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- ERP Implementation
- Project Management
- Business Process and Controls Effectiveness and Efficiency
- Organization Restructuring and Design
- Material/Inventory Management
- Enterprise Architect
- DRI, Sr. Solution Architect and Application Consultant
- Combi Packaging, Director of Operations
- Unibus, Inc., IT Manager
- Infor Applications
- SyteLine – All Modules
- QCS – All Modules
- Portals – Customer/Vendor
- ISM – SyteLine Service
- Credit Card Interface
- Advanced Plant Maintenance
- Multi-Site Setup & Configuration
- Warehouse Mobility/Factory Track
- Excel Financial Tool Set
- APS Planning
- Other Non-Infor Applications
- BTA Forecasting
- Shop Trak
- Doc Trak
- Methodologies & Standards
- OPIM (One Point Implementation Methodology)
- ISO 9000